GM Kit errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Kit errors

In the begin, if i am writing in wrong place move, block or delete this topic (now i see i should write in game discussion (i think)) . I've writed to the support but they can't help me.

Hello mfg, i just downloaded shadowgun deadzone gm's kit and i have a problem:

There was a lot of errors which i fixed, but there is 9 errors i cant fix - i dont know how to:

There is 7x error like:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(544,51): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' does not contain a definition for `pos' and no extension method `pos' of type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I've checked TextEditor and there is no definition like pos (like error says)

1x error:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(534,64): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

and same 1x error:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(534,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `GUIBase_Button.GetCaretPositionAndHeight(int, out UnityEngine.Vector3, out float)' has some invalid arguments

What should i do :/
    Im using newest version of unity - 5.2.x

I guess you are using the newest version of Unity. The GM-Kit isn't compatible with it. You have to downgrade to Unity 5.1.4 and then it works
    Username: milan8888
    Nick: [ZB] Ibuprofen

http://stats.gzrclan.com/stats/milan8888

Comment

• Picha cl0n
      Picha cl0n commented
      Editing a comment
      Stop copy pasting the solutions nub .!.

Originally posted by sELVE View Post
    There was a lot of errors which i fixed, but there is 9 errors i cant fix - i dont know how to:

There is 7x error like:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(544,51): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' does not contain a definition for `pos' and no extension method `pos' of type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I've checked TextEditor and there is no definition like pos (like error says)

1x error:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(534,64): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

and same 1x error:

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(534,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `GUIBase_Button.GetCaretPositionAndHeight(int, out UnityEngine.Vector3, out float)' has some invalid arguments
    Just downgrade your Unity version to 5.1.x and it will Fix all the errors.
    Last edited by Picha cl0n; 10-27-2015, 01:05 PM.
    ~Atte. 8==D~ cl0n

Comment

• milan8888
      milan8888 commented
      Editing a comment
      From where did i copy pasted??? I found it out by myself

• Picha cl0n
      Picha cl0n commented
      Editing a comment
      lol lol , .!.

Oooookay :P thanks a lot, i will try it

Comment

Downgraded and there is problem again :P

Assets/Scripts/Gui/Frontend/Screens/GuiScreen.cs(535,37): error CS0201: Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement
      Its not full code.
      Code:

else if (m_LastCaretPos != te.pos || m_TextChanged)
                      {
                          m_TextChanged = false;
                          Vector3 newCaretPos;
                          float newCaretHeight;
                          TooltipAttribute; <--- there is an error :)
                          {
                              m_CaretRect.x = newCaretPos.x;
                              m_CaretRect.y = newCaretPos.y - newCaretHeight/2;
                              m_CaretRect.height = newCaretHeight;

ShowCaret();
                              m_LastCaretPos = te.pos;

//edit
      ok it works
      Last edited by sELVE; 10-27-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Picha cl0n
        Picha cl0n commented
        Editing a comment
        they are actually Warnings, just clear them if you are unable to solve them.
    Working...
    X