Who broke the forum..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who broke the forum..??

No New Post Button, Bug Reporting & Troubleshooting sections missing...can be found in Profile posts.

I hope this wasn't done purposely.

I really hope the forum admin/moderator fixes this as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Memnoch View Post
      No New Post Button, Bug Reporting & Troubleshooting sections missing...can be found in Profile posts.

Madfinger updates the forum don't worry -

Comment

• Tomas | MFG
        Tomas | MFG commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, we are working on it

• Mars B.
        Mars B. commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah yeah one day =D

I used the in-game feedback button to ask SGL why the bug report section of their forums was no longer accessible, and I was told to use the feedback button in the game or join their discord channel.

So I guess they don't want my feedback anymore. Typing feedback in the game is a pain in the ass. And I'm not a big fan of discord. It's bad enough they nerfed everything in the game, now they've nerfed their official forums.

I think I'll start posting bug reports in the General Discussion section of their forums and then send them a link to the thread using the feedback button in the game.

Comment

• Tomas | MFG
        Tomas | MFG commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Suicidal, It'sTomas from Madfingers. It is not like we don't want your feedback anymore, quite the opposite. But on discord, the most of the community share all feedback now. It is for sure less uncomfortable than typing feedback in the game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Heya, the forum is overrun by spammers. We're working on it... not sure yet still how the forum will turn out. Anyway, head to https://support.madfingergames.com to report any issues you find.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSlade View Post
        Heya, the forum is overrun by spammers. We're working on it... not sure yet still how the forum will turn out. Anyway, visit this site head to report any issues you find.
        I guess they don't want my feedback anymore. Typing feedback in the game is a pain in the ass. And I'm not a big fan of discord. It's bad enough they nerfed everything in the game, now they've nerfed their official forums.

I think I'll start posting bug reports in the General Discussion section of their forums and then send them a link to the thread using the feedback button in the game.

Comment

I don't like using Discord because the functionality sucks.
          I hate using Facebook.
          I hate social media.
          I like YouTube and TikTok, lol.

I liked this forum because it wasn't heavily trafficked. I like threads. I don't like the idea of being lumped in with a Discord community. Discord trolls don't know the first thing about game development. I'm not here to say hi and talk about the game. I'm here to offer a quarter of a century of fps dev experience and gaming experience and try to help shape this f'd up game into something that every SGL player would be much happier with.

I have hundreds of bug reports and suggestions already typed up and saved in documents, and I have no place to post any of it. It's 95% complete. I just need to revise it to fit the last game update. The list of bugs in the game just skyrocketed. It's reminiscent of the same bugs that I was seeing this time last year. I'm really hoping that Christmas this year doesn't turn into last Christmas where I was unable to play the game for 2 months because of all the disastrous bugs, and then I decided to buy a Razer Phone 2. Now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, and I'm going to be upgrading again. This has turned into the most expensive game I've ever got involved with.

I've run so many forums - for so many games - for so many clans. I always used phpBB. It takes me less than an hour to install and setup a forum the way I want it. It takes another few hours to install a bunch of fun user mods and admin friendly mods too. If it's a pc friendly forum (large size), it takes me an additional hour or so to create a lot of graphics in Photoshop so it looks like a kickass clan themed forum. The forums that I've designed were mostly for first person shooter pc games, so the forums were designed to be best viewed on a pc, and I didn't care how it viewed on a phone, lol.
          ‚Äč
          Using phpBB to create a mobile friendly forum for a mobile game is actually a lot easier because there's less graphics to worry about. All you really need to do is download a mobile friendly template, change the color scheme, slap a banner at the top, and that's it. Since this forum is a ghost town, you don't have to bother installing any fun user addons unless you want to. It's also not that difficult to move all of the preexisting content from this forum to a new forum - if you know how to do it. Considering how basic this forum is, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

I would never use vBulletin. I strongly advise that you use a different forum.

Have some fun and create a separate private test forum using the latest version of phpBB. I think they're using 3.2.8 now. There are a bunch of extensions you can install to block spam bots, and users would never need to use an annoying captcha ever. There are a lot of template/themes you can choose from to download. Some of the templates look similar to this forum - if you want to keep the same look and feel. You can always give a template a quick makeover and easily change the color scheme to match the color scheme standards of your company or a specific game. Here is an example of a forum, similar to this forum, that you could easily find a matching template for and download and start using right away forum.videolan.org

phpBB is free and functions better than vBulletin. You can also get all the free support you need in the phpBB forums from the extremely helpful community, so if you were to ever have a problem with spamming Ad bots, there's plenty of guys in the phpBB community that specialize in blocking bots, and they would be more than willing to help, in fact, they would probably offer to setup your entire forum and make it look awesome. The reason why people don't choose to use phpBB that much anymore is because it looks outdated, but your forum already looks outdated, so I don't think that should be a big concern.

I can't even use Chrome when I visit this forum because vBulletin spazzes out. I have to use my Firefox browser app to view this forum, and the vBulletin functionality still sucks. vBulletin performs terrible in my opinion.

You could also try XenForo if you don't want to use phpBB. www.RaceDepartment.com uses XenForo and their forum has amazing functionality and looks vibrant and clean, but I don't know if it's entirely free, but it might not be such a bad idea to invest a little money in a good forum since a good game should always have a good forum. I've done a lot of racing simulator development for Brazil Stock Car and Formula 1, and I've qualified and raced competitively with the best drivers, so I'm no stranger to the Race Department forums. Their forum covers all of the best racing games on the market, and they discuss real life racing events too. The Race Department forum doesn't just cover 1 game.

XenForo and vBulletin have a history, and they've had their battle in court, and vBulletin nearly won. If had to pick sides - I would've definitely picked XenForo, but I would still choose phpBB if I needed to create a good forum fast.

But if I were a decision maker at MFG, I would visit the XenForo furums, find a pro in the community that is pimping himself out, and pay him to create a forum like the forum Race Department is using right now. It would probably cost beans.

Or go to the vBulletin forums, find a vBulletin pro, and offer to pay him to make your forum function properly and add the security it needs.
          Last edited by SUICIDAL; 11-23-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Here's some XenForo themes you can check out:

https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/themes

Comment

Working...
            X